It is quite the project to get out of the house! Today we went to a neighbor's house to go swimming! (We get together every week during the summer because they have such a fun pool!) We do a pot luck for lunch and it was my turn to bring the adults' lunch. Luckily I made the chicken salad sandwich part yesterday.
Anyway, I got both boys lathered up with sunscreen and Isaac into his swimsuit. (I put Taylor's bottoms on at the pool because swim diapers only hold poop not pee, it just runs out of the diaper. So I didn't want him to accidentally pee on the way over to our friend's house.) I got all three boys in the car and got the food in and we were off. Luckily another neighbor got there at the same time and she helped me carry some of the swim stuff in. I got the boys' floaties on and got them in the pool. Isaac wears arm floaties and Taylor wears arm floaties plus a small vest. There were other moms in the pool so I ran back out to the car to grab the food. Then one of Taylor's floaties ripped, he was pretty upset about it. I tried just using the vest but it didn't keep him up all the way, I tried another bigger vest but he couldn't balance and just fell over onto his back. So I put the other vest back on and luckily Isaac's friend Rook is swimming really well on his own, so he shared his floaties with Taylor.
Also luckily Parker was being really good even though it had already been 4 hours since he ate last. So, I nursed Parker and jumped in the pool with the boys. Parker was so good the whole time!
Then it was time for lunch and Isaac and Taylor never want to get out, but finally I got them out and covered with towels and sat down at the kiddie table. The kids' meal was little finger corn dogs which my kids don't eat, and Isaac kept practically yelling, "I WANT REAL CHICKEN NUGGETS!" Embarrassing. But they ate fruit and some veggies. Maridyn had to correct Isaac because he coughed without covering his mouth, and couched right onto Alexa's food!
I finally got my food and was half-way through eating my sandwich when Isaac says he needs to go stinkies. We went into the bathroom but he only went pee. Then we went back out and Taylor is waiting at the back door saying, "Stinkies, Stinkies!" Maridyn brought a little kids' potty and I put Taylor on it. He was shivering so bad, and he's never gone poop in the potty, so I hurried over to get his towel to keep him warm. By the time I get back Taylor is off the potty with poop hanging off his bum, and a poop log on the ground! I sat him back down on the potty and ran inside to put the poop in the toilet and grab some wipes, but he had already gotten poop on the back of swim shirt. Finally I got Taylor cleaned up and I went in to get a bag for his swim shirt. Some of the other kids were getting back in the pool and I look over and Taylor is in the hot tub with his sandals on but no floaties! Luckily he stayed on the step. Then I got him out and both their floaties on, and back in the pool. By that time Rook needed to go potty but had to run upstairs because I hadn't been able to clean his potty yet. I finally got the potty cleaned and could sit down and finish my lunch and chat with some other moms.
After a little while it was time to go. (It was already 2 hours past Taylor's normal nap time.) I got the boys out and into their normal clothes so they weren't wet in the car. I had to take two trips to the car to get the food and swim stuff in and then the boys. Then we got home and as I'm trying to put Taylor down for his nap, Parker starts screaming because it is time for food. I get Taylor down quickly and feed Parker while Isaac watches a little TV. Now, after about an hour and a half of being home Isaac is asleep too! I can't believe it! They are all asleep! I guess after a crazy 3 hours at the pool I deserve a break! Phew!
Everybody knows that a good mother gives her children a feeling of trust and stability. She is their earth. She is the one they can count on for the things that matter most of all. She is their food and their bed and the extra blanket when it grows cold in the night; she is their warmth and their health and their shelter; she is the one they want to be near when they cry. She is the only person in the whole world in a whole lifetime who can be these things to her children.
There is no substitute for her.
- Katharine Butler Hathaway
There is no substitute for her.
- Katharine Butler Hathaway
Thanks for the detailed blog post. It's crazy to think that I'll have to deal with that one day. My pulse was racing for you. I guess I can say I'm living vicariously through your experiences. I do sympathetic a little for you, that seems so overwhelming. I hope I can deal with things like that and still manage to have one hair left on my head! Love ya!
ReplyDelete