Everybody knows that a good mother gives her children a feeling of trust and stability. She is their earth. She is the one they can count on for the things that matter most of all. She is their food and their bed and the extra blanket when it grows cold in the night; she is their warmth and their health and their shelter; she is the one they want to be near when they cry. She is the only person in the whole world in a whole lifetime who can be these things to her children.
There is no substitute for her.
- Katharine Butler Hathaway

Friday, June 4, 2010

Opening Day

After deciding to start a mother's blog, the next day (which was actually yesterday) we had a not-so-fun situation...

We (me and the 3 boys) had just gotten back from a week long trip to Utah, and we were vacuuming out the van. The boys were playing with water faucet on the side of the house and were all wet. Isaac was sitting on the front passenger seat and I started to ask him to move so he didn't get it all wet. Then I saw blood all over the place. I was trying to figure out where it was coming from... Isaac's right forefinger. I asked him what he cut it on and he pointed to a pocket knife on the seat.

I had kept a pocket knife in the bottom of the glove compartment. I thought for some weird reason I might need it some day.

Anyway, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell if it needed stitches and I couldn't get a hold of Robbie at school. And worse I couldn't get it to stop bleeding! It finally stopped bleeding after constant pressure for 30 minutes!

Robbie thought that he needed stitches so we went to the urgent care. The doctor ended up using skin glue. But she didn't wipe off the blood or clean it first, she just said that the skin glue had anti-bacterial in it. I still thought it was kind of weird.
Since then he has split it back open twice! :( We just used regular super glue to fix it again! Trying to keep a band-aid on him is quite a task.

No comments:

Post a Comment