This is another one of those talks that I find amazing. Elder Cook recognizes the awesome contributions that the women of the Church give, and at least for me, I receive satisfaction in knowing that we are recognized. But more importantly it gives me the resolve to continue doing what I'm doing and motivation to do some of those other things that I am not currently accomplishing.
LDS Women and Incredible! by Elder Quentin L. Cook
"God placed within women divine qualities of strength, virtue, love, and the willingness to sacrifice to raise future generations of His spirit children."
"Women by divine nature have the greater gift and responsibility for home and children and nurturing there and in other settings... it would be their unwavering faith in the restored gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ."
Speaking of Heritage Pioneer Sisters: "The heroic accounts of what these pioneer women sacrificed and accomplished as they crossed the plains is a priceless legacy to the Church."
Elizabeth Jackson: "I believe... that my sufferings for the Gospel's sake will be sanctified unto me for my good... Elizabeth said she was writing the history on behalf of those who passed through like scenes with the hope that posterity would be willing to suffer and sacrifice all things for the kingdom of God."
- I am in awe at her unwaivering faith through her trials. She is laying the foundation of faith for her posterity.
"Much of what we accomplish in the Church is due to the selfless service of women."
I love this cute story of the lost purse of a Young Woman at a church sponsored dance. I have to include it!
"When I was recently assigned to a conference in the Mission Viejo California Stake, I was touched by an account of their four-stake New Year’s Eve youth dance. Following the dance, a purse was found with no outside identification. I share with you part of what Sister Monica Sedgwick, the Young Women president in the Laguna Niguel stake, recorded: “We didn’t want to pry; this was someone’s personal stuff! So we gingerly opened it and grabbed the first thing that was on top—hopefully, it would identify her. It did, but in another way—it was a For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. Wow! This told us something about her. Then we reached in for the next item, a little notebook. Surely this would give us answers, but not the kind we were expecting. The first page was a list of favorite scriptures. There were five more pages of carefully written scriptures and personal notes.”
The sisters immediately wanted to meet this stalwart young woman. They returned to that purse to identify its owner. They pulled out some breath mints, soap, lotion, and a brush. I loved their comments: “Oh, good things come out of her mouth; she has clean and soft hands; and she takes care of herself.”
They eagerly awaited the next treasure. Out came a clever little homemade coin purse made from a cardboard juice carton, and there was some money in a zippered pocket. They exclaimed, “Ahh, she’s creative and prepared!” They felt like little children on Christmas morning. What they pulled out next surprised them even more: a recipe for Black Forest chocolate cake and a note to make the cake for a friend’s birthday. They almost screamed, “She’s a HOMEMAKER! Thoughtful and service minded.” Then, yes, finally some identification. The youth leaders said they felt greatly blessed “to observe the quiet example of a young lady living the gospel.”
"Many of these responsibilities do not provide economic compensation but do provide satisfaction and are eternally significant."A great report about the members of our church:
"The recent highly acclaimed book American Grace reported on women in many faiths. It noted that Latter-day Saint women are unique in being overwhelmingly satisfied with their role in Church leadership. Furthermore, Latter-day Saints as a whole, men and women, have the strongest attachment to their faith of any of the religions studied. "
"Our women are not incredible because they have managed to avoid the difficulties of life- quiten the opposite. They are incredible because of the way they face trials of life..' they remain remarkable strong and immovable and tue to the faith. Our sisters throughout the Church consistently 'succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."
This next quote is so true!
"One Relief Society president who acknowledged this extraordinary service said, “Even when the sisters serve, they are thinking, ‘If only I could have done more!’” Though they are not perfect and all face individual struggles, their faith in a loving Father in Heaven and the assurance of the atoning sacrifice of the Savior permeates their lives."
I also really like the story of the ordination of 63 younger adult men in Tonga.
"Another woman... felt "the biggest enemy of a happy family life was not paid work- it was television. She said that families are TV rich and family-time poor.' "
"No woman should ever feel the need to apologize or feel that her contribution is less significant because she is devoting her primary efforts to raising and nurturing children."
A great quote to express my responsibility:
The "errand of angels is given to women."
Be better and do more!
No comments:
Post a Comment